WJTV - RICHLAND, Miss. (WJTV) - Two people are in custody after a Richland police pursuit ended near the Mississippi State Hospital.
According to Richland Police Chief Russel James, a woman and a man were taken into custody after leading officers on a chase.
One of the suspects arrested was 21-year-old Cody Carroll. He is a fugitive wanted in three other states on multiple felony charges.
Chief James said said officers tried to conduct a traffic stop on Highway 49 and the vehicle kept going. The car got onto I-20 and exited at Pearson Road. The driver then went down Highway 468.
Chief James the driver drove into a ditch near the Mississippi State Hospital at Whitfield. The two people got out of the car and started running. Officers were able to catch them in that area.
Carroll will be charged by Richland Police with felony fleeing/evading along with foreign warrant. Chief James said he was wanted in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas for probation violation, house burglary, possession of a firearm by a felon, theft, obstruction of justice, and drug charges.
Information about the female who was taken into custody has not been released yet. WJTV will provide updates on this story as we get them.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 18-wheeler traveling south on I-55 crosses northbound lanes in crash
- When to ignore credit card advice
- Attacker in Berlin skullcap case turns himself in to police
- US stocks move broadly lower in early trading; Oil climbs