Mississippi (WJTV) -- Former NBA and Ole Miss basketball star Justin Reed passed away on Friday morning.
The 35-year-old Jackson native died from complications of angiosarcoma, which is a form of cancer.
According to a press release, Reed was surrounded by his family and loved ones.
His family is asking that their privacy be respected during this time. We're told funeral arrangements will be handled by Jackson Memorial Funeral Services.
Reed was an alum of Provine High School in Jackson. He played for the Boston Celtics and the Minnesota Timberwolves during his NBA career.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: US says unlikely Turkey used chemical weapons
- Kurdish doctors report suspected Turkish gas attack in Syria
- Tyler Reddick needs 5 overtimes to win at Daytona
- Rankin County issues a "Do Not Use" water alert for several customers