BRANDON, Miss (WJTV) - Headed out of the country? You need a Passport to do it.
The United States Postal Service will host a passport fair at the Brandon Reservoir office, Saturday, April 21. No appointment is necessary.
If you are a U.S. citizen you must present a Passport when entering or re-entering the country by air.
Citizens also have to present a passport at seaports and land crossings upon entry from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
What to do:
- Pick up an application at the Post Office or download the form. Do not sign until a passport clerk can witness and instructs you to sign.
- Yes, everyone is required, even babies. Anyone under the age of 16 needs the signature of both parents/guardians.
- Present identification - Driver's license, a government I.D., military I.D., or previous Passport.
- Proof of citizenship - previous passport, original or certified birth certificate issued from the state with a raised, embossed, impressed, or multi-colored seal and registrar’s signature and date of certificate filing.
- Two official passport photos (available at the Passport Fair for $15)
- Social Security Number
The U.S. Department of State fees vary. You must bring a money order, bank draft, check or cashier's check made payable to the U.S. Department of State.