The Mississippi NAACP held a news conference to address several issues.
Members say they question some of the bills lawmakers are considering, and how they impact minority communities.
The organization is also calling on the governor to make changes to the state flag. They also want to bring attention to education and criminal justice.
The NAACP celebrated 109 years of existence on Monday.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Hirscher leads after 1st giant slalom run
- Moon won't discuss possible summit with North Korea's Kim
- World's best male Alpine skier vies for 2nd Pyeongchang gold
- US Navy says China's military buildup won't stop patrols