LAUREL, Miss (WJTV) - A woman who gave birth this past fall has been charged with abusing her newborn baby.
According to authorities Dominique Nix gave birth back in September and both she and the baby tested positive for cocaine.
Child Protective Services reported the case to the Jones County Sheriff's Department. A warrant was issued for Nix, to answer to the charge of Felonious Child Abuse. Law enforcement was unable to locate her at that time.
On February 8, investigators say Nix was spotted at the CPS offices in Ellisville, Mississippi. They arrived on the scene and took Nix into custody. The baby remains in the care of a foster family.
Nix' bond has been set at $10-thousand.
Laurel woman charged with Felonious...
Woman injured during peanut butter fight
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Braaten is 1st, Kenworthy last in Olympic slopestyle
- Russians face unfamiliar wait for first Olympic gold
- Black NHL player Devante Smith-Pelly taunted by Chicago fans
- Trump adviser: Russian meddling 'incontrovertible'