Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) today released the following statement on President Donald Trump’s FY2019 budget request:
“The President’s budget offers a starting point for the Appropriations Committees to draft and enact spending bills. In the coming months, the Committee will conduct hearings and thoroughly review the President’s proposal in order to inform our efforts to fund national security and government operations for the new fiscal year.
“Our immediate focus is to work with the House and the administration to complete the appropriations process for the 2018 fiscal year. I hope that with the enactment of a budget deal last week, the Appropriations Committee will soon meet that goal and then embark on a schedule to draft and approve all 12 of the annual spending bills for FY2019. I encourage the participation and good-faith efforts of Senators in this process.”
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Biathlon king wants to see his record surpassed
- Moon won't discuss possible summit with North Korea's Kim
- World's best male Alpine skier vies for 2nd Pyeongchang gold
- US Navy says China's military buildup won't stop patrols