VICKSBURG, Miss (WJTV) - The Vicksburg city owned television station releases a video to stop the violence in the area.
A VTV employee is an actor in the video, playing a student-athlete who deals with peer pressure. Pam Newton is on the social media sub-committee of the crime prevention task force committee and challenged two team members on Monday to make the video and put it on social media to let people know their leaders are concerned. Tuesday, the video was ready to go and published on social media Wednesday.
"It's just disheartening to see the things going on in my community and the mayor challenged us all to do our part because we have a part to play in making this the best community in Mississippi," said Pam Newton, Vicksburg I-T Director and member of crime prevention task force.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scenes cut from 'Show Dogs' over resemblance to sexual abuse
- Facebook to label election-related 'issue ads' in US
- Senate approves sexual harassment bill covering Congress
- The Latest: Syrian TV reporting military base under attack