LAUREL, Miss (WJTV) -
There have been many great debates over the years. The chicken....or the egg? Is the dress blue... or gold?
But on Tuesday, a new question folks just can't seem to find consensus over... Is it Yanny? Or is it Laurel?
Jesse Finver went to Laurel to get their take on the latest viral debate.
When the video surfaced, posts went viral. Families and friends debated all day. Some heard Yanny. Some heard Laurel.
Clearly, the story deserved investigation. So, Jesse headed to Laurel.
Here are some of the responses:
"Yanny, I hear yanny. I hear yanny. I hear Yanny."
"I mean I heard Yanny the first time I heard it, but that definitely says Laurel."
"Yanny." "You hear Yanny?" "Yanny or ya-may."
"I'm hearing yanny now." "Laurel." "I'm hearing Yanny now." "Laurel, that's all I heard was Laurel."
"Alright now for the first time I actually heard Yanny at first, but now it's Laurel for sure."
"Laurel." "You hear Laurel?" "Didn't you say you heard Yanny before?" "I did but now I hear Laurel."
Even in Laurel Mississippi the debate between Yanny and Laurel is still split. But there is one thing for certain; even weird publicity like this, is good publicity for a small town like Laurel.
The original Tweet posing the question was posted Tuesday. It now has more than 142-thousand retweets.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scenes cut from 'Show Dogs' over resemblance to sexual abuse
- Facebook to label election-related 'issue ads' in US
- Senate approves sexual harassment bill covering Congress
- 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson