JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) -- WJTV's Cool School of the Week is Murrah High School. We're recognizing the Jackson school for its 30 Plus Club.
JPS leaders told us the club is made up of students who have scored 30 or above on the ACT. Eight new students were added to the club this year.
The students said they studied for months to get the high scores on the ACT. Some of them can get full rides to a college of their choice based on their results.
Kelcie Bolden told us she wants to inspire other students to get into the club. She said, "It's possible. I went from a not so good score, in my opinion, to getting a 30. So, it's very possible to reach your goal and achieve something that a lot of people may not think that it's possible for you to achieve."
Murrah High School principal, Dr. Alvanette Buchanan, said leaders are proud of the club sponsoring an ACT boot camp for their peers. She told us, "We have three more on the schedule. And this is something they're proud of. They call it a for us, by us movement."
There are a total of 16 students in the 30 Plus Club at Murrah High School.
Police: Missing Mexican woman's body
Facebook to label election-related
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Facebook to label election-related 'issue ads' in US
- Jury recommends $25M in Johnson & Johnson lawsuit
- Alarmed: LeBron, Cavs facing win-or-else Game 6 vs Celtics
- Trump aims to make it easier for companies to get to space