WJTV News Channel 12 - No injuries in shelter fire

No injuries in Raleigh house fire

Posted: Updated:

No one was injured when a shelter for the disabled and homeless when up in flames Thursday night in Raleigh.

A call came in reporting a fire at 6015 Jeffreys Grove School Road around 7:15 p.m.

flames and smoke were visible from the roof when firefighters from the Bay Leaf and Raleigh Fire Departments arrived. Firefighters entered the building but the roof started to collapse. All firefighters made it out of the structure without injury, said Bay Lead Assistant Fire Chief Darrin Holt.

Holt said all of the tenants got out of the building and it is believed the fire started in a bedroom.

The home is a total loss.

The Bay leaf Fire Department and Raleigh Fire Marshall will return to the scene in the morning to begin their investigation.


Powered by WorldNow

1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204

Telephone: 601.372.6311
Fax: 804.819.5569
Email: wjtvnews@wjtv.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.