WJTV News Channel 12 - Fire damages apartments near NC State

Fire damages apartments near NC State

Posted: Updated:
Photo by Sarah Fellows Photo by Sarah Fellows
RALEIGH, N.C. -

The Raleigh Fire Department said improperly discarded smoking materials started an apartment fire that displaced 25 residents Saturday morning.

A neighbor called 911 just after 4 a.m. to report a fire at 1501 Graduate Lane off Gorman Street near the campus of N.C. State.

The Raleigh Fire Department said the fire was under control by 6 a.m. after 50 firefighters responded to the call.

No one was injured in the fire but 70 percent of the building was damaged leaving 12 units uninhabitable.

Raleigh police and the Red Cross were on scene to assist those displaced by the fire.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow

1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204

Telephone: 601.372.6311
Fax: 804.819.5569
Email: wjtvnews@wjtv.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.