A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit filed by the family of an Alcorn County woman, who died of lung injuries four months after a gas explosion destroyed her mobile home in 2010.
Terms of the settlement were not made public. Attorneys tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that settlement came Monday while the jury was deliberating.
The family of Geraldine Mullins had sought unspecified damages.
Mullins' four daughters sued Pacer-Pittman Propane LLC of Corinth. Mullins died from internal injuries sustained after a natural gas leak fueled an explosion at her Kossuth trailer home. They claimed the company was negligent in creating circumstances leading up to the explosion.
Pacer-Pittman insisted Mullins' boyfriend was at fault for improperly bleeding a gas line as he tried to install a heater.
1820 TV Road
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.