WJTV News Channel 12 - Vicksburg Man Dies in House Fire; Nephew Escapes

Vicksburg Man Dies in House Fire; Nephew Escapes

Posted: Updated:

Fire investigators say Willie Williams, 45, died of smoke inhalation Monday morning.

Authorities say the blaze broke out early Monday morning at his home on the 1600 block of South Street in Vicksburg. They don't know the cause but say it started in the kitchen. Hours after the fire was put out, they found Williams' body. Fire Chief Charles Atkins says the fire doesn't look suspicious.

Williams' nephew, Derrick Porter, 26, was also home at the time. He was able to escape through the window unharmed. He now staying at a local hotel through the Red Cross.

Authorities say they did not find any smoke detectors inside the home.

Powered by WorldNow

1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204

Telephone: 601.372.6311
Fax: 804.819.5569
Email: wjtvnews@wjtv.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.