WJTV News Channel 12 - Military couple unites at "Operation Marry Me Military" wedding

Military couple unites at "Operation Marry Me Military" wedding

Posted: Updated:
NEW BERN, N.C. - America has added one more military couple.
    
Monday night, Camp Lejeune Sergeant Sam Thibeault and his fiancee, Thera Card, tied the knot.

They were selected as the Craven County winners of this year's "Operation Marry Me Military" contest. Card says they couldn't believe it when they received the phone call they had won.

"I immediately got goose bumps all over my arms, and I started crying, because I it was just overwhelming," said Card.

The wedding was held at the historic Tryon Palace in New Bern.
     
9 On Your Side had the honor of being with the bride and the groom as they were getting ready to exchange their vows. Even though they were nervous the couple still had time to enjoy their friends and family and crack some jokes before the ceremony.

" I'm excited, I'm anxious, but in a good way .I just feel really lucky, absolutely the luckiest person in the world right now," said Card.  "

"Nervous, excited, [and] anxious," said Thibeault.  

Sergeant Thibeault says he couldn't have asked for a better day than Veterans Day to get married.

"It's awesome. It's and honor.  To be able to hopefully honor those who came before me and being able to marry my best friend is great," said Sgt. Sam Thibeault, groom.

During the outdoor ceremony the couple recited their own vows. After the wedding, family and friends enjoyed a catered reception inside the North Carolina History Center.

The couple plans to take a mini honeymoon to western North Carolina.

The total cost of donations  from Craven County area businesses totaled more than $21,000.

For more information on Operation Marry Me Military in Craven County click here.
  • U.S. & World NewsMore>>

  • Los Angeles jury convicts man of 3 serial murders

    Los Angeles jury convicts man of 3 serial murders

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 9:52 PM EDT2014-09-03 01:52:44 GMT
    A Los Angeles jury has convicted a career criminal in the serial killings of three women in the 1980s.
    A man who authorities believe strangled dozens of women as he moved from place to place around the country was convicted Tuesday of three 1980s murders in Los Angeles.
  • 10 Things to Know for Wednesday

    10 Things to Know for Wednesday

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 9:11 PM EDT2014-09-03 01:11:48 GMT
    By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
    By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
  • Video purports to show beheading of US journalist

    Video purports to show beheading of US journalist

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 8:42 PM EDT2014-09-03 00:42:32 GMT
    The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.
    Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant...
Powered by WorldNow

1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204

Telephone: 601.372.6311
Fax: 804.819.5569
Email: wjtvnews@wjtv.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.