WJTV News Channel 12 - Deputy Fire Marshal: "Unattended cooking" source of Winterville

Deputy Fire Marshal: "Unattended cooking" source of Winterville fire

Posted: Updated:
Apartment Fire Apartment Fire
Apartment Fire Apartment Fire
WINTERVILLE, N.C. - Authorities say there are no injuries after a fire occurred at an apartment complex in Winterville.

Greenville Fire/Rescue's Deputy Fire Marshal Bryant Beddard says the cause is "unattended cooking."

It happened Friday afternoon at a complex on Patton Circle. That's just off Memorial Drive.

Five apartments in the building were affected by the fire. Two others were affected by smoke.

The Red Cross is assisting six people from four of the units.

The apartment manager says he thinks it will be months before they apartments will be repaired but is working to put those affected in different apartments in the complex.

  • Events Calendar

Powered by WorldNow

1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204

Telephone: 601.372.6311
Fax: 804.819.5569
Email: wjtvnews@wjtv.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.