8 fun things to do in Tampa Bay this weekend | May 3-4
1. Big Guava Music Fest (Saturday, Sunday) The three-day music festival at the Florida State Fairgrounds and MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheater will have tons of bands fit for all ages, a Monster Midway of fast-paced free thrill rides and some of the best food trucks. Get the details
2. Riverfest 2014 (Saturday) A burger showdown in Curtis Hixon Park will also have craft beer sampling and to raise money to support the Chamberlain High School Culinary Operations Academy Parent Booster Organization. Get the details
3. Sea Grapes Wine and Food Festival (Saturday) The 13th annual festival in the Florida Aquarium wine, food, and entertainment to benefit aquarium education and conservation programs. Get the details
4. Shark Con (Saturday, Sunday) A fun and educational shark event at the Tampa Bay Convention Center. Get the details
5. Walk for Cystic Fibrosis (Saturday) The charity walk benefits research with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, held in Munn Park in Lakeland. Get the details
6. Brooksville Downtown Country Jam (Saturday) Some national recording artists will be present at the Hernando Park Bandshell. There will also be craft vendors, exhibits and food vendors. Get the details
7. Sunscreen Film Festival (Saturday, Sunday) One of the best film festivals in the country, St. Petersburg is hosting the 9th annual independent film fest hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. Get the details
8. Caliente Bare Dare 5K (Sunday) Watch out for nude runners in Land o' Lakes this weekend. It's the 5th annual clothing-optional 5K run at the Caliente resort. Get the details
PLUS: The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby on NBC(Saturday) "The most exciting two minutes in sports" is this Saturday. So pick your horse and tune in to NBC starting at 4 p.m. for coverage. Get the details
There are dozens of other events happening around Tampa Bay, so if you don’t see one you like above, please check out our full list of fun things to do here, http://events.wfla.com/.
We know there’s tons of cool things that make our area so special, so make sure to share the great things happening in your community.
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS Did you go to a cool event this weekend? If so, we’d love to see pictures. Make sure you include your name and a brief description of the event where the photos were taken, including the city.