WJTV News Channel 12 - Neighbor Helps Put Fire Out at Elderly Woman's Home

Neighbor Helps Put Fire Out at Elderly Woman's Home

Posted: Updated:
JACKSON, Miss. - An elderly woman has her neighbor to thank for preventing a kitchen fire from spreading throughout her home Friday afternoon.

Officials were dispatched to respond to the fire just before noon at a home on Patricia Cove in Raymond.

The homeowner said an elderly woman was inside the residence when the fire started.

The woman inside turned on the stove to heat up some grease to cook with, but the grease started a fire, according to the homeowner. 

No one was taken to the hospital. The home received some smoke damage.
Powered by WorldNow

1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204

Telephone: 601.372.6311
Fax: 804.819.5569
Email: wjtvnews@wjtv.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.