WJTV News Channel 12 - Raymond Man Saves Neighbor's House From Fire
WEB SEARCH BY
MDOT Traffic Alerts
Mississippi's Most Wanted
Faith In Focus
JAN Flight Info
Storm Alert 12
Max 12 Radar
Live Eye Cams
School Of The Day
SEC Media Days
The Sports Zone
Spay & Neuter Programs
BBQ with Brad!
BBQ with Brad!
Tell Me More
MS Camp Guide
Place An Ad
Media General and DISH Reach Retransmission Consent Agreement
Advertise With Us
Raymond Man Saves Neighbor's House From Fire
Friday, June 6, 2014 11:22 PM EDT
Friday, July 4, 2014 11:22 PM EDT
By Danielle Avitable -
Man Saves Neighbor's House From Fire in Raymond
A disaster was averted Friday when a neighbor came to the rescue after he says he heard a smoke alarm.
The woman, in her 70's, was inside her home when a fire started in the kitchen. It happened in the 100 block of Patricia Cove in Raymond around 11:30 a.m. Friday morning.
"If I wasn't here it could have been worse," says neighbor, David Safir.
Safir tells News Channel 12, it took two fire extinguishers and three trips inside his neighbor’s house to put out the fire.
"I had to go back in there about three times before I finally got it out. I couldn't breathe," says Safir.
Safir had the fire put out before crews arrived.
"I couldn't see anything, the power was out. I was seeing a flame that was all you could see," explains Safir.
The woman asked not to be identified, but her family members and emergency crews thanked Safir for not only saving the house, but possibly her life.
“Just being a good neighbor that's all," says Safir, when asked if he thinks of himself as a hero.
The home owner tells us a grease fire is to blame for what happened. No one was injured.
1820 TV Road
Jackson, MS 39204
Can't find something?
FCC Public File
Advertising Terms and Conditions and Credit Policy
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A
Media General Company