There are new developments in the growing KFC controversy. The fundraising site"GoFundMe", issued a statement on their website today about the status of an account set up to raise funds for little Victoria Wilcher.
The statement says in part, "Contrary to reports, a very small number of donors to the 'Victoria's Victories' GoFundMe fundraising campaign have requested refunds. The money raised remains inside of the campaign organizer's account - with a temporary hold placed on the balance."
Victoria Wilcher,3, was reportedly asked to leave a local KFC franchise because her scars were scaring customers. Little Victoria was the victim of an April pit bull attack. Earlier this week, controversy sparked when a pine belt newspaper reported the alleged incident was a hoax.
After investigations KFC says it found no evidence that she was asked to leave the Jackson restaurant.
The "GoFundMe" statement goes on to say that the hold on the account for Victoria will be released on Monday, June 30th, unless they receive further instruction from authorities.