JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirmed 36 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases related to an outbreak at the Mississippi State Capitol in Jackson.
Twenty-six of the cases were lawmakers. Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann and House Speaker Philip Gunn said they both tested positive for the virus.
One of the lawmakers who tested positive for the virus was Rep. Ronnie Crudup, Jr. He released the following statement on social media.
Rep. Earle Banks, Rep. Bo Brown and Rep. Kenneth Walker also confirmed that they tested positive for COVID-19.
- Five Brandon Seniors Sign to Play Softball in College
- Brandon Kicker Will Elliott’s Story of Triumph Through Injury
- Mendenhall Football Returns to State Championship for First Time Since 1988
- Friends of University of Mississippi graduate react after his accused killer was released on bond
- Man accused of fatally shooting 9-month-old attacked in California court