JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirmed 36 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases related to an outbreak at the Mississippi State Capitol in Jackson.
Twenty-six of the cases were lawmakers. Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann and House Speaker Philip Gunn said they both tested positive for the virus.
One of the lawmakers who tested positive for the virus was Rep. Ronnie Crudup, Jr. He released the following statement on social media.
Rep. Earle Banks, Rep. Bo Brown and Rep. Kenneth Walker also confirmed that they tested positive for COVID-19.
- One last ride, family tows loved one’s casket to gravesite by his favorite tractor
- Three officers charged with second-degree murder
- Cinemark Pearl and XD Reopens
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’