JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirmed 36 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases related to an outbreak at the Mississippi State Capitol in Jackson.
Twenty-six of the cases were lawmakers. Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann and House Speaker Philip Gunn said they both tested positive for the virus.
One of the lawmakers who tested positive for the virus was Rep. Ronnie Crudup, Jr. He released the following statement on social media.
Rep. Earle Banks, Rep. Bo Brown and Rep. Kenneth Walker also confirmed that they tested positive for COVID-19.
- Trump questions GOP infighting ahead of vote to oust McCarthy
- House set to vote on ousting McCarthy as Speaker: live coverage
- Missing Southaven woman found dead, police say
- Groundbreaking held for new Jackson golf course
- Taco Bell brings back Taco Lover’s Pass: 30 days of tacos for just $10, including newest addition