JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs gave an update on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the Mississippi Legislature.
According to Dobbs, there have been 41 cases reported at the State Capitol. Two patients were hospitalized.
On July 8, state health officials reported 36 COVID-19 cases in the Mississippi Legislature.
Several lawmakers confirmed they tested positive for the virus, including Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann and House Speaker Philip Gunn.
- ‘America’s Got Talent: Extreme’ stuntman hospitalized
- Watchdog group files Hatch Act complaint against Jen Psaki
- Jury finds Covington man guilty of attempting to kill his parents
- Biden takes infrastructure pitch straight to Americans
- Teachers in Texas district told to offer ‘opposing’ views on Holocaust