JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs gave an update on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the Mississippi Legislature.
According to Dobbs, there have been 41 cases reported at the State Capitol. Two patients were hospitalized.
On July 8, state health officials reported 36 COVID-19 cases in the Mississippi Legislature.
Several lawmakers confirmed they tested positive for the virus, including Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann and House Speaker Philip Gunn.
- Nicea Degering talks about her interviews with Garth Brooks, Norm McDonald on Jessop’s Journal
- Fort Wayne mall reopens after incident; no injuries reported
- 1 person dead after shooting at KFC on Woodrow Wilson
- City of Canton hosts 31st Annual Victorian Christmas Festival
- Blessing Box stationed at Ridgeland Police Department to help people in need