JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs gave an update on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the Mississippi Legislature.
According to Dobbs, there have been 41 cases reported at the State Capitol. Two patients were hospitalized.
On July 8, state health officials reported 36 COVID-19 cases in the Mississippi Legislature.
Several lawmakers confirmed they tested positive for the virus, including Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann and House Speaker Philip Gunn.
- Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame gets Brett Favre statue
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Two suspected migrants found dead in surf near capsized panga boat
- Jackson Prep’s Coach Ricky Black is just seven wins away from the big 400
- Isaias regains hurricane strength; Carolinas brace for storm surge, floods