JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Monday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs announced there have been 45 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases reported in the outbreak at the Mississippi State Capitol.
According to Dr. Dobbs, 31 of the 45 cases were lawmakers. At least two Mississippi lawmakers have been hospitalized due to COVID-19. Those lawmakers have been identified Rep. Manly Barton and Rep. Earle Banks.
- ‘We are slammed’: Veterinarian clinics, animal hospitals busier during pandemic
- Local fraternity to host free face mask giveaway, voter registration drive
- Alabama reports 2nd death from Hurricane Sally
- Mississippi agencies receive funds from U.S. Department of Justice
- Jackson church to host face mask giveaway & voter registration drive