ADAMS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Adams County Sheriff’s Office has been closed to the public after five employees and two inmates tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
According to Sheriff Travis Patton, the front office will be shutdown for the next two weeks. The department is undergoing deep cleaning to prevent the spread of the virus.
The sheriff said the department is still operating, and people can call 911 for assistance.
- Velma Jackson High School to transition to distance learning
- 2,480 new coronavirus cases, 37 additional deaths in Mississippi
- Week 13 Preview: Saints vs. Falcons
- 12-year-old boy accepted to Georgia Tech; hopes to become aerospace engineer
- ‘No way did we ever dream of this.’ Four Oklahoma siblings die of COVID-19 in less than three weeks