VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Vicksburg Post, Ameristar Casino is expected to lay off 150 employees beginning August 15, 2020, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The newspaper reported the announcement was sent to city leaders in a letter. According to the letter, the layoffs “will be permanent, but the facility will remain open.”
In the letter, the company said “these layoffs at Ameristar Casino are the unfortunate result of COVID-19-related business circumstances that were sudden, dramatic and beyond our control.”
- New trailer for ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 released
- 730 new coronavirus cases, 31 additional deaths in Mississippi
- American Lung Association invites Mississippi schools to join vape-free schools initiative
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears