JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba said the city will begin issuing citations for those not wearing face masks in public.
This comes after a spike in coronavirus cases in Mississippi.
According to the mayor, businesses could end up with a 24 hour closure if customers are not wearing masks.
The city released the executive order about the decision:
- Mississippi Children’s Museum to host After Dark event
- Local doctor discusses importance of recognizing mental health during pandemic
- Connecticut couple accused of forcing child to sleep in closet, kneel on tacks, drink hot sauce
- From muted mics to topics chosen, here’s what you need to know about the final Trump-Biden debate
- Mississippi Moment: The 162-Year-Old Man