JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba said the city will begin issuing citations for those not wearing face masks in public.
This comes after a spike in coronavirus cases in Mississippi.
According to the mayor, businesses could end up with a 24 hour closure if customers are not wearing masks.
The city released the executive order about the decision:
- Jackson native Dante Brown wins SEC 60M championship
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Southern Miss to resume In person courses come Fall 2021
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Man killed after being punched on Las Vegas Strip identified, suspect gives little information to police