JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba said the city will begin issuing citations for those not wearing face masks in public.
This comes after a spike in coronavirus cases in Mississippi.
According to the mayor, businesses could end up with a 24 hour closure if customers are not wearing masks.
The city released the executive order about the decision:
- Jackson VA Medical Center hiring Registered Nurses
- 1,230 new coronavirus cases, 18 additional deaths in Mississippi
- CVS, Target will require customers to wear face masks in stores
- Judge dismisses charges against 4 former social workers in death of California 8-year-old
- State Rep. Manly Barton in ICU with COVID-19