CLINTON, Miss. (WJTV) – Due to Governor Tate Reeves’ Executive Order prohibiting the start of the academic year for grades 7-12 in Hinds County, Clinton’s secondary students will begin virtual classes on Monday, August 17.
According to the Clinton Public School District, the first two Wednesdays, August 20 and 27, originally scheduled as professional development days will now be classified as instructional days for students.
The first day of school for elementary students on Team Clinton is still scheduled for August 13, and the first day of school for elementary students on Team Arrows is still scheduled for August 14.
For more information, visit www.clintonpublicschools.com.
- Club Empire to remain closed after injunction from City of Hattiesburg
- Dozens of rattlesnakes removed from underneath California woman’s home
- Friends of the Old Mississippi River Bridge request funds
- Toe tag art exhibit highlights migrants who died crossing into Arizona desert
- Black, low-income students will lose thousands in college aid under proposed program