WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Police appear to shoot TV reporter, photographer with pepper balls
- Protesters shut down I-64 in Hampton in response to George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis
- Taking care of your mental health; setting boundaries amid COVID-19
- Photo Gallery: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation