WASHINGTON (WKRG) — Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is self-quarantined after coming in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Rep. Gaetz is not experiencing symptoms, the congressman tweeted, adding that he was tested for coronavirus on Monday and expects results soon.
The congressman made headlines last week for wearing a gas mask to a House vote on coronavirus funding.
Several other lawmakers, including Senator Ted Cruz and Representatives Paul Gosar and Doug Collins, have also self-quarantined.
- Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- China blasts US House bill, denies forced labor in Xinjiang
- Tommy DeVito, founding member of the Four Seasons, dies
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US