RAYMOND, Miss. (WJTV) – A COVID-19 outbreak at Central Hinds Academy led to the cancellation of a football game between the school and St. Aloysius High School.
According to the Vicksburg Post, Central Hinds headmaster Phil Hannon declined to say how many students tested positive for the virus. Classes at the school are continuing as scheduled.
Hannon told the newspaper the outbreak started earlier this week. By Wednesday, leaders decided to cancel the football game in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Alabama native and Auburn grad Laurel Goldman competing on CBS’s ‘Love Island’
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit