JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Tuesday, August 11, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said 27 schools in Mississippi have reported COVID-19 cases.
There have been a total of 42 positive cases. Seventeen staff members tested positive for the virus, while 25 students have tested positive.
Cases have been reported at schools in the following counties:
- Pearl River
Dr. Dobbs made the announcement during Governor Tate Reeves’ daily COVID-19 briefing, which started at 2:30 p.m.
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- 12 News Investigates: Pandemic Tax Scams
- City of Jackson voting precinct changes, absentee voting information for 2021 municipal elections
- US carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria
- Hattiesburg-Laurel airport receives $1 million grant