JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Tuesday, August 11, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said 27 schools in Mississippi have reported COVID-19 cases.
There have been a total of 42 positive cases. Seventeen staff members tested positive for the virus, while 25 students have tested positive.
Cases have been reported at schools in the following counties:
- Pearl River
Dr. Dobbs made the announcement during Governor Tate Reeves’ daily COVID-19 briefing, which started at 2:30 p.m.
- Pharmacists emphasizing flu shot importance to avoid potential ‘twindemic’
- USDA grants city exhibitor license for Jackson Zoo
- Jackson police cracking down on careless and reckless driving
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say
- Amazon takes down ‘stand back and stand by’ merchandise