GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) – The Gulfport School District decided to send 100 students home on Tuesday after a teacher at Gulfport High School reported experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19.
According to the Sun Herald, the students will stay at home and quarantine until the teacher’s COVID-19 test results come back. If the teacher tests positive, they will spend 14 days in quarantine.
The students did not necessarily have significant exposure to the teacher showing symptoms.
- Hiker posing for picture in tree falls 100 feet into ocean, dies
- Nearly $200,000 awarded to Jackson State University
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more
- Medical Marijuana Initiative public hearings begin Wednesday
- Purging Texas city’s water system of brain-eating microbe to take 60 days