GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) – The Gulfport School District decided to send 100 students home on Tuesday after a teacher at Gulfport High School reported experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19.
According to the Sun Herald, the students will stay at home and quarantine until the teacher’s COVID-19 test results come back. If the teacher tests positive, they will spend 14 days in quarantine.
The students did not necessarily have significant exposure to the teacher showing symptoms.
- SLIDESHOW: Funny memes of Bernie Sanders and his Inaugural mittens is the gift that keeps on giving
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say
- C Spire advocating for computer science programs in schools across state
- COVID-19 vaccination site to open in Vicksburg
- COVID-19 vaccinations encouraged as more doses become available in Mississippi