HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Hinds County Sheriff’s Office conducted safety checkpoints to pass out face masks to citizens.
The department said they’re handing out the masks to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
In the City of Jackson, there is a mandate that requires people to wear masks.
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Ole Miss-Alabama tickets now available for Rebel season ticket holders
- Thousands of airline workers face furloughs, lay offs after Congress misses deadline to provide aid
- Man pleads guilty to violent robbery of business in Hattiesburg
- New Civil Emergency Order of Vicksburg to go in effect Oct. 5