JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a special Jackson Public Schools Board of Trustees meeting, Superintendent Dr. Errick Greene announced only virtual learning will be offered for the fall semester.
A proposed date for the start of school is August 12, 2020.
Dr. Green said there are plans to give out devices for teachers and students to help them stay connected. There is a hold up due to the district not receiving any federal funding to pay for the devices.
The superintendent also said there’s no timetable for athletics and extracurricular activities at this time, but it’s looking unlikely for the fall.
More details will be released later.
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson Public Schools Board of Trustees will hold a special meeting via teleconference on Friday, July 24, to revisit the School Reopening plan.
The meeting will start at 4:30 p.m. Board members will not meet in person but will call in to conduct the meeting remotely.
To participate, citizens should follow the following steps:
• Call 1-312-626-6799
• Submit the Meeting ID: 823 0483 8224
• Enter the Password: 2ssc5a
Community members who would like to make public comments should:
• Email their request to make comment to email@example.com no later than 4:15 p.m.; OR
• Call into the meeting between 4:00 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. to indicate their desire to comment
Participants’ lines will be unmuted at the public comment portion, and they will be granted the selected time frame to comment.
- Emmanuel Sanders eyeing another Super Bowl victory
- Protesters call for legislators to override Gov. Reeves recent vetoes
- Schools face big virus test as students return to classroom
- Oregon trooper injured, 24 arrested in Portland protests
- Virus causing financial pain even for people still working