JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – As the holiday season looms, the COVID-19 pandemic throws survival into hyper gear.
This year, help is more important than ever as much more people than in years pass have seen a loss while the state battles COVID-19.
Food giveaways have already started. One at Poindexter Park was important to many of the shelters in Jackson.
Neighbors who attended the Thanksgiving feeding said the food makes a difference.
“I appreciate it yeah, I do, for gods blessing. It’s a blessing from god when they come out here and bless us with the food.”
- Crash on I-20 East before Gallatain Street
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season