JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – As the holiday season looms, the COVID-19 pandemic throws survival into hyper gear.
This year, help is more important than ever as much more people than in years pass have seen a loss while the state battles COVID-19.
Food giveaways have already started. One at Poindexter Park was important to many of the shelters in Jackson.
Neighbors who attended the Thanksgiving feeding said the food makes a difference.
“I appreciate it yeah, I do, for gods blessing. It’s a blessing from god when they come out here and bless us with the food.”
- Amid pandemic, flu all but disappears in US
- CDC warns of queso fresco linked to listeria outbreak
- How would COVID-19 vaccine makers adapt to variants of the virus?
- China denies it subjected US diplomats to anal COVID-19 tests
- BLM launches Survival Fund to assist those in need waiting for federal pandemic relief