JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – As the holiday season looms, the COVID-19 pandemic throws survival into hyper gear.
This year, help is more important than ever as much more people than in years pass have seen a loss while the state battles COVID-19.
Food giveaways have already started. One at Poindexter Park was important to many of the shelters in Jackson.
Neighbors who attended the Thanksgiving feeding said the food makes a difference.
“I appreciate it yeah, I do, for gods blessing. It’s a blessing from god when they come out here and bless us with the food.”
- White House resumes holiday festivities after 2021’s pandemic pause
- ‘After School Satan Club’ sparks religious freedom debate in Virginia
- Worker finds Las Vegas murder victim’s torso, bleach inside abandoned barrel
- DNC bumps Iowa caucus from presidential primary
- Biden says Walker doesn’t deserve to be in the Senate