VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Margaritaville Vicksburg CEO Gary Blanton announced the hotel in downtown Vicksburg would be closing effective Sunday, according to the Vicksburg Post. He sent a letter to employees on Tuesday about the closure.
The letter, obtained by the newspaper, references “Temporary closing and furlough due to COVID-19.”
The hotel will close on Sunday, August 23, at noon. Blanton said employees will be furloughed and will receive an additional two weeks of pay, through September 5, based on “the average hours worked over the last 30 days.”
The hotel opened in Vicksburg in June 2018.
- Gray parrots separated at zoo after swearing a blue streak
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- Mississippi State University announces changes to Spring semester schedule
- FBI asks for nationwide help in identifying male who may have information in child sexual exploitation case
- Here’s the reality behind Trump’s claims about mail voting