JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Drs. Aaron & Ollye Shirley Foundation, along with the Institute for the Advancement of Minority Health, announced personal protective equipment (PPE) will be donated to community health centers and community based organizations in Mississippi.
The organizations are providing masks in counties with extremely high COVID-19 cases and deaths. To minimize the transmission of the coronavirus, the Mississippi Department of Health recommends everyone wear a mask while in public and exercise social distancing.
Organizations receiving the donations are:
- Boys & Girls Club Central MS – Jackson, MS
- Central MS Health Services – Jackson, MS
- Choctaw Health Center – Philadelphia, MS
- Coastal Family Health Center – Biloxi, MS
- East Central MS Healthcare – Sebastopol, MS
- Jackson Hinds Comprehensive Health Center – Jackson, MS
- Making Moves in the Community – Drew, MS
- Mantachie Rural Health Center – Mantachie, MS
Jackson, MS native Yolanda Daniel, MBA, provided the masks.
- Sports Zone Conversation: Sam Jefferson, JSU’s first sports information director
- BREAKING: Police Investigating Double Homicide in Jackson
- Teen loses both parents to COVID-19 days apart
- Spirit warns of layoffs; aid for contractors being examined
- Lawmaker resigns as pastor after celebrating KKK leader