JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Governor Tate Reeves announced additional measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Mississippi. He announced seven additional counties are now under a masks mandate, along with the nine counties that were placed under the mandate last week.
The seven counties are as follows:
State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said 580 COVID-19 patients are currently hospitalized. He said 157 patients are in intensive care units, and 66 of those patients are on ventilators. According to Dr. Dobbs, the state has 19% ICU capacity. He said those numbers are stable at this time.
You can watch the full news conference below:
- Tokyo Olympic organizers crack down on COVID-19 protocol violators
- H.S. Football Team Preview: Crystal Springs
- H.S. Football Team Preview: Clinton Christian
- America ‘missed chance’ to address racial hate, gun violence after El Paso massacre, congresswoman says
- Jamaica’s Thompson-Herah speeds to 2nd Olympic sprint sweep