JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – During a news conference on Tuesday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said there were 31 COVID-19 outbreaks at Mississippi schools during the week of August 17-21.
According to Dobbs, 142 teachers tested positive for the virus, and 292 students tested positive for COVID-91.
Dobbs also said 584 teachers and 3,913 students have been quarantined.
If the live stream does not work, click here to watch the governor’s news conference.
- City of Jackson hosts school supply giveaway
- Community members join together for prayer rally in Brandon
- Mississippi leaders react to President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Attorney: No law violation by professor in ‘scholar strike’
- What does ‘Latinx’ mean and why would you use it?