JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Thursday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs announced Mississippi set new COVID-19 records on December 30, 2020.
The state had the highest number of COVID-19 patients in the ICU, which was 346. Dr. Dobbs said five of those patients were children.
Mississippi also saw the highest number of total ICU patients on record, which was 842.
- Multiple people hospitalized after crash at intersection of Northside and McWillie Drive
- Focused on Mississippi: Historic items at Old Courthouse Museum
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans
- Only 1 child died of flu this season – down from nearly 200
- Seniors at Ridgeland Place receive second dose of COVID-19 vaccine