JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Neighbors of Clay and Quitman counties and surrounding communities can be tested for COVID-19 next week through one-day, drive-through collection sites.
One-day collection sites were previously announced for this week in Chickasaw, Coahoma, Forrest, Monroe, Leake, Tallahatchie, Carroll, Jackson, Winston, Sharkey, Neshoba and George counties; and next week in Tishomingo, Panola, Lincoln and Union counties.
Testing hours at one-day collection sites are 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Anyone can be tested who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat; or who has a known or potential exposure to someone confirmed with the virus.
Mississippians who want to be tested must first complete a free screening from a UMMC clinician through an online questionnaire found at umc.edu/covidscreening. Or, they can call the UMMC Center for Telehealth at (601) 496-7200 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday. Anyone determined to need testing will be given an appointment date and time at the testing site most convenient.
Appointment-only testing has been offered at the West Street Farmers Market at Woodrow Wilson Avenue in Jackson. One-day sample collections are being offered at selected sites statewide. Testing hours at the West Street Farmers Market are 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily except Sunday.
The newest testing sites for Wednesday, August 5:
- Clay County: West Point Civic Center, 91 Sixth St., West Point
- Quitman County: Super-Valu parking lot (vacant store building), 1012 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Marks
The previously announced testing sites for Saturday, August 1:
- Neshoba County: Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians Pearl River Community Building, 118 Industrial Road, Choctaw
- George County: George County Multipurpose Facility, 9162 Old Highway 63 South, Lucedale
The previously announced testing sites for Monday, August 3:
- Tishomingo County: Tishomingo County Fairgrounds, 108 County Road 187, Iuka
- Panola County: Panola Medical Center, 303 Medical Center Drive, Batesville
The previously announced testing sites for Tuesday, August 4:
- Lincoln County: The Brookhaven Building, 1154 Beltline Drive, Brookhaven
- Union County: Union County Fairgrounds, 112 Fairgrounds Circle, New Albany
For more information about testing, click here.