JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – People in Covington, Leake and Yazoo counties can be tested for COVID-19 this week by going to one-day, drive-through collection sites.
One-day collection sites previously announced for this week are in Clarke, Coahoma, Copiah, Lee, Winston
Mississippians who want to be tested must first complete a free screening from a UMMC clinician through an online questionnaire found at umc.edu/covidscreening. Or, they can call the UMMC Center for Telehealth at (601) 496-7200 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
Appointment-only testing is also offered at the West Street Farmers Market at Woodrow Wilson Avenue in Jackson. One-day sample collections are being offered at selected sites statewide. Testing hours at the West Street Farmers Market are 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily except Sunday. Testing hours at one-day sites are noon – 4:00 p.m.
The newest testing site announced for Friday, June 19:
• Covington County: Covington County Multipurpose Building, 68 Collins Industrial Park Drive, Collins
The newest testing sites announced for Saturday, June 20:
• Leake County: Carthage Coliseum, 729 E. Main St., Carthage
• Yazoo County: Wardell Leach Rec Complex, 500 W. 15th St., Yazoo City
The previously announced testing sites announced testing sites for Wednesday, June 17:
• Copiah County: Multipurpose Building, 2040 W. Gallman Road, Hazlehurst
• Lee County: BancorpSouth parking lot, 375 E. Main St., Tupelo
The previously announced testing sites for Thursday, June 18:
• Winston County: Louisville Coliseum, 245 Ivy Ave., Louisville
• Warren County: Pemberton Square Mall, 3505 Pemberton Square Boulevard, Vicksburg
For more information about testing, click here.
- Letters, texts, caravans, parades: Advocates mobilize voters
- Feds issue coverage plan for COVID-19 vaccine and treatments
- Philadelphia pledges better response after Black man’s death
- Road trip: In Mississippi, love in the time of coronavirus
- Harrison County officials extend curfew in aftermath of Hurricane Zeta