JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Neighbors in Monroe and Hinds counties and surrounding communities can be tested for COVID-19 this week and next week by setting up one-day, drive-through collection sites.
One-day collection sites were previously announced for this week in Clarke, Adams, Lafayette, Prentiss and Humphreys counties.
Anyone can be tested who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat; or who has a known or potential exposure to someone confirmed with the virus.
Mississippians who want to be tested must first complete a free screening from a UMMC clinician through an online questionnaire found at umc.edu/covidscreening. Or, they can call the UMMC Center for Telehealth at (601) 496-7200 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday
The newest testing sites for Monday, July 6:
- Monroe County: Becker Community Center, 52246 Mississippi 25, Amory
- Hinds County: Utica Community Center, 414 E. Main St., Utica
The previously announced testing sites for Thursday, July 2:
- Tippah County: Tippah County Coliseum, 10810 Mississippi 15, Ripley
- Amite County: Amite County Harrison Building, 910 Old McComb Liberty Road, Liberty
For more information about testing, click here.
- Ford, Bush presidential adviser Brent Scowcroft dies at 95
- Living Local: August 7, 2020
- Vardman Sweet Potato Festival 2020 canceled
- Two arrested for trafficking 400 pounds of marijuana in Madison County
- Brookhaven police chief warns community of large disturbance