CANTON, Miss. (WJTV) – The City of Canton will be the first in the United States to roll out with mobile hospital rooms for COVID-19 testing.
Dr. James Coleman, CEO of Carmichael Family Health Center, sued funds from the CARES Act to purchase four isolation units. The units were made by Brooklyn-based company Fullstack Modular.
The units will be used as a waiting room for potential COVID-19 patients, a nurse station, an isolation room and a testing room.
“It has four rooms, so we can separate the patients in fours. Currently, we can only do one at a time. This will increase our efficiency,” explained Dr. Coleman.
The mobile units are expected to be up and running by Monday, December 14, 2020.
- Florida mass shooting leaves 10 injured
- Mississippi well-represented in Super Bowl
- Scott says Democrats are to blame for the failure of police reform legislation
- ‘Laverne & Shirley’ actor Cindy Williams dies at 75
- Petito family urges Utah lawmakers to pass domestic violence ‘lethality assessment’ bill