JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said schools in 71 Mississippi counties have reported COVID-19 cases in schools.
Dobbs said 245 teachers and 199 students have tested positive for the virus.
He also said 589 teachers and 2,035 students have been quarantined.
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska; tsunami warning issued
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings