PEARL, Miss. (WJTV) – The Pearl Public School District will delay the start of the 2020-2021 school year until Monday, August 17. This comes after Governor Tate Reeves made recommendations during a Tuesday news conference.
On August 17, students Pre-K through 5th grade will begin on a traditional schedule with a staggered start. Also starting on August 17, students in grades 6-12 will begin a hybrid schedule for two weeks.
Beginning August 31, the PPSD will implement a traditional schedule for all students.
- SCOTUS to hear arguments on ACA, where does Mississippi stand in the fight on healthcare?
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Slumping Saints express urgency to clean up their act
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize