JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Many travelers in Mississippi are heading home for holidays or going on a vacation, including those at the Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport.
Traveling hasn’t been an option for a lot of people this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. One woman, who serves in the military, said she hadn’t been able to leave Hawaii until now.
“Once it was ascending into the air, man I just felt so excited. I was like, man I’m finally off this island and I can go home now,” she said.
Other travelers said they felt safe on their flights and plan to fly again soon.
- Woman killed in hit-and-run in Rankin County
- MRA Defeats Jackson Academy 69-44 to Advance to 5A State Finals
- In spite of warnings, migrants keep showing up at border campsite in Tijuana
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Looking back, volunteers who stuck by asylum-seekers in Mexico take moment to rejoice