JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs, schools in 38 Mississippi counties have reported COVID-19 cases.
During a news conference on Friday, Dr. Dobbs said 109 teachers and 69 students have tested positive for COVID-19. He also said 254 teachers and staff are in quarantine, and 489 students are in quarantine.
Dr. Dobbs said the state has seen deaths in younger individuals this week. One teen died from the virus. Dr. Dobbs said the teen had no underlying medical conditions. A pregnant woman in her early 20s also died from the virus this week.
- Queen Elizabeth II to trim costs as COVID-19 hits income
- Health Care Heroes: Medicare University
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Evel Knievel’s son suing Disney over ‘Toy Story 4’ character
- Hearing seeks to move protest shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for trial in Wisconsin