JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – State Representative Manly Barton has been hospitalized after testing positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
According to State Rep. Becky Currie’s Facebook page, Barton is in the ICU. She asked for prayers for Barton.
“He is the kindest man, and I enjoy working with him so much,” said Currie.
On Tuesday, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said there have been 41 COVID-19 cases reported at the State Capitol. Two patients were hospitalized. Dobbs did not identify the two patients who were hospitalized.
Barton (R-District 109) represents parts of George and Jackson counties.
- White House releases new report; President used Defense Production Act nearly 80 times to combat pandemic
- Inmate serving life for murder dies at Parchman hospital
- Southern Miss-Tennessee Tech football game canceled
- Chicano group to hand out COVID-19 kits to hundreds of San Diego’s most vulnerable
- Saints WR placed on Reserve/COVID List