HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – A free, online course that assists in understanding COVID-19 and related pandemic topics is now available to the public.
“Understanding the Pandemic: A COVID-19 Public Service Short Course” is available at this link.
It contains six modules: the history of pandemics; social and economic impact of pandemics; coronavirus and epidemiology; spread, prevention, and treatment; vaccines; and personal health and wellness in a pandemic.
Each module is presented in a video presentation format by a USM faculty member whose expertise and academic focus is on the given topic.
The course takes about three hours to complete, but it does not have to be done in one sitting.
- 2,480 new coronavirus cases, 37 additional deaths in Mississippi
- Week 13 Preview: Saints vs. Falcons
- 12-year-old boy accepted to Georgia Tech; hopes to become aerospace engineer
- ‘No way did we ever dream of this.’ Four Oklahoma siblings die of COVID-19 in less than three weeks
- Newsfeed Now: Breaking down the $908 billion COVID-19 relief bill, Hand-“Santa-tizer,” “Grinch-bots,” and more…