HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – The University of Southern Mississippi released a condensed academic calendar for Spring 2021, which includes changes to holiday schedules and commencement ceremonies.
Spring classes will still begin on Wednesday, January 20, and regular instruction will conclude Thursday, April 22. Exams will be conducted during an extended period from Friday, April 23 through Friday, April 30. The modified schedule eliminates the traditional Mardi Gras and Spring Break student holidays, but adds two new student holidays on Friday, February 19, and Friday, March 19. A university-wide holiday will be observed on Friday, April 2.
Additionally, previously tentatively scheduled commencement ceremonies for 2020 graduates have been moved from December 2020 to May 2021, to be held in conjunction with ceremonies for 2021 graduates.
- Monday, May 3, 7 p.m. – Undergraduates in the College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Tuesday, May 4, 7 p.m. – Undergraduates in the College of Education and Human Sciences
- Wednesday, May 5, 7 p.m. – All Graduate Students
- Thursday, May 6, 7 p.m. – Undergraduates in the College of Business and Economic Development
- Friday, May 7, 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. – Undergraduates in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Saturday, May 8, 3 p.m. – All Coast-based Undergraduate and Graduate Students
All graduates from the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 terms will have the opportunity to participate in commencement ceremonies in May.
- Trick-or-Treat at the Two Mississippi Museums
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in car trunk after crash in Florida