UTICA, Miss. (WJTV) – A Utica police officer tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).
According to Chief Timothy Myles, the officer received his results on Monday, August 24. The officer works the evening shift.
The chief said vehicles, Utica City Hall and the police department have been deep cleaned by a professional company.
Other officers, including Chief Myles, were also tested for the virus out of an abundance of precaution. They’re waiting to receive their test results.
- Property taxes are a hot topic amid global pandemic
- Special Election Results for Mississippi
- Mississippi State Fair preparations underway
- Celebrating Women’s Voting Rights: A Virtual Tour at The Historic New Orleans Collection
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020